Thursday, June 7, 2012

Finally some updating!

Well here goes, i am in hopes that this makes more sense 3 weeks out then the one I tried right after the hospital lol...My Momma left yesterday very very hard for me, suffered some anxiety over that still am, I think Dakota is as well.
I should start with surgery, but before that I want to do what is the hardest part of this blogging that is state my highest weight, I have to do this in order to come to terms with where I have been and where I am going, My highest known weight is 514 lbs, I went in Friday Feb 12th at 7:15am lots of tears shared as we knew we were finally at the place, my weight at that point was 486 lbs, it took them 2 hours to get a iv in me we were beginning to wonder if that was a sign, lol...They finally got a little one in just to get me into surgery where they place a port in my neck the pics of my neck is were they took it out when I left, rough I know. I am not sure on surgery time as I don't remember waking in tell Saturday in the ICU I was told there was problems with my blood pressure as they struggled to get it under control and my pain was off the charts. I had to stay in ICU for 3 days then I was moved, I remember discussing with the dr that my case was rare my stomach pouch was smaller then he would like but we would get through it, They immediately made me allergic to NSAIDS (antinflamitories) as I had taken so many before that if I did it now I would develop a ulcer and/or rip my stomach none of the above sounded good to me. I stayed in the hospital another 3 days and was feeling pretty good all things considering, I never knew what was in store....
As I stated Friday was 3 weeks post op and I have been back in the hospital 3 times. The first one was because I got a infection in my wound so they had to open the bottom portion of it open and now Dan has to pack it twice a day, the nausea from that alone is allot for me, altho mom and I discovered the day before she left that if we "sing" Its done before I know it. =) The second time was back in the hospital was because my Gtube got pulled out so they went ahead and removed it, that being done though led to my 3rd admittance which is on going irregardless and that is the endless nausea and discomfort it had led up to me not wanting to eat or drink or take my meds, now I am on a hand full of meds for it and still have the nausea but I do believe this "this too shall pass" When I left that hospital March 4th I was at 451lbs...
I am continuing to struggle to want to walk or move, I feel weak and ill most all the time, but I try very hard for my family to remind myself they need me.
Thank you all for your love and support thru this and your patience as I don't feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment