Thursday, June 7, 2012

Emotional eating interrupted by God

How many of you know when Satan is trying to hold all the cards? When he is wanting to have power over our choices, life and emotions? I used to not recognize it as fast as I do now but I'm getting pretty good at seeing him rear his "nasty" head into my life, and whats awesome is with the ability to notice it I can pray and give God the power and glory he deserves. Note: still does not make life easy as we all know right!
Threw this battle of my weight loss surgery Satan has worked on me hard, heck he worked on me hard for me to get to this point. I knew tho when I had my surgery it would not be as easy as 1 2 3 and I would be thin, fixed and at peace, there was so much healing and recognizing I was going to have to do or this could all very well be for nothing. I have recognized the obvious in my life right off the bat, work on the healing every day and with the help of God, Dan, my momma and my dear friends I make baby steps =) I thought I had all the answers it was obvious the problems that I had allowed to effect my life for me to get to this point. Then yesterday God decided it was time to show me one more important one and it could of gone really bad because Satan REALLY tried to take a hold of it and turn it into something that SATAN would celebrate over INSTEAD of God. I have not "emotionally" ate sense my surgery in tell yesterday and I didn't even realize it in tell I was sick because I was to caught up in the emotion of the negativity from it all. I had my phone in one hand and cheese in the other, I felt my heart starting to turn to "ice" for a lack of a better word after I read words that were such a jab, I looked down saw the 1/4 block of cheese gone, re read the text that was on my phone, looked back at the cheese and immediately begin feeling the pain of to much cheese in my little bitty stomach which was now in my chest as well because there wasn't no where for all that to go. All tho in pain from the cheese, my heart was hurting as well, I'm not sure which was worse. I immediately recognized this (yea me!) and called my mother. I told her what was going on, what I had done and knew she would be honest with me. After I got off the phone I prayed for God to stay beside me threw this, I didn't want to handle this the way Satan was really trying to get it to be handled with animosity, hateful words, and me eating threw my pain. So with the help of Mom I was enlightened by what God was showing me and ended the hurtful conversation. It was still eating at me tho, what did I need to do, what was I supposed to be learning I was missing that part. So I turned to a life long dear friend that has never hesitated to be honest with me even if it was painful for us both. As I processed with her I got my answers, this was a part of my deep rooted pain of my past that brought me to this place in my life, that's why Satan was so quick to play on it wanting me to be evil too, to throw jabs, cut with my tongue, and just retaliate. Thank you God for not letting me be that person yesterday! It was hard for me to except this realization that THIS could be a wounded spot for me, but as I went threw the hurt, the words and the experiences of that part of my life it made perfect sense. I found that everyone else saw it long before I did, but I had to learn it in my time I suppose, or perhaps it was Gods time.
The words that were said I find repeating in my head a few times but I know its that "ole devil" as my Grandma would of said =) So the journey continues, right? We continue to grow and pray for the people of our past but they don't have to be a part of our present. I'm feeling good about today, feeling grateful and full of even more hope that God is in control of my life and my situation and he wants to see me strong, healthy and loving! I'm not always a perfect example of a Born again Believer, I certainly have my flaws and struggles, but even at that when God wants to get his point across he does =)
<3 u all!

No comments:

Post a Comment